Sunday, February 7, 2010

Dear Semi-Boss,

What exactly do you do all day? We've been working on this case since October. You know it inside and out, better than I do. While I don't mind doing leg work, I'm getting a touch confused. You do realize that you work 40 hours per week, while I, a mere student, work 12 to 20? And you do realize that I have school work outside of that?

See, I just feel a little confused, because it seems like you are expecting me to sit there and do all the work while you sit in your office with your thumb up your ass. Also you are shoving all of your articles and textbook updates off on me; when exactly do you expect me to get those done in addition to all of my other obligations? I have two articles to write for myself. And I actually get to put my name on them. Meanwhile, you are asking me to write this shit for you so you can put your name on it and claim my work? Fuck you.

You do realize that I took this job because you guys were flexible about my school schedule, right? And also that I have done a hell of a good job and that losing me would be a really bad idea for you, right? And what the hell - I thought you and I had a good rapport. But you had to send that email out to everyone at work telling them to leave me alone so I could work on stuff for you. Because that didn't seem like I was incompetent and unable to keep up with my work or anything. Go to hell.

See, I just find it interesting, because when I went in and gave the partner the Motion for Summary Judgment, he looked really confused.

"Did you write this, or did [confidential]?"
"I did, why?"
"He told me that he was doing it and that's why he couldn't work on anything else all day."
"Oh."
"So what's he been doing?"
"I don't know, sitting there with his thumb up his ass?"

Yes I did say that and no I don't regret it. I just don't get it - what exactly ARE you doing all day? Because it doesn't seem to be work. I did the stuff for that case. I also had to do all the updates that the other attorneys were asking us for. I just don't get it. When did it go from us working on this together to me doing work while you stand there like a giant stress-ball?

ARGH. It sucks to be a peon.

No comments:

Post a Comment